- Name changed to UNIKA CO., LTD.
- Unika Concrete Drill launched.
|1987||Head Office and Tokyo Office combined and moved to current location, to accommodate business expansion.|
|1991||Iwate Factory built to increase production capacity and manufacture new products with ceramic, diamond and other special materials.|
- UR21 Multifunction Core Drill Series W recognized with the Good Design Award of the Japan Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
- New factory opened near Beijing, China, as LANGFANG RIZHI MACHINERY & TOOL CO., LTD.
- Distribution Center established on the grounds of the Gunma Factory.
- UNIKA ENTERPRISES CO., LTD. established to strengthen and expand operations outside Japan.
- Vie-Pan Industrial Co., Ltd. established in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam as a base for expansion in Southeast Asia.
- Launch of the first “environmentally friendly” product, the Q-Bit Dust Suction Drill System.
- First cordless drills launched.
- New factory completed by Langfang Rizhi Machinery & Tool in China.
- Production department of Gunma Factory integrated into Iwate Factory.
- The entire Japan staff toured the new factory in China.
|2001||Iwate Factory production area expanded.|
|2002||Unika and affiliates obtained ISO 9001:2000 certification.|
|2003||US sales initiated through a national retail chain.|
- UNIKA MACHINERY & TOOL CO., LTD. founded to expand production and marketing capacities in China.
- China factory began consignment production for an American company.
- UNIKA VIETNAM CO., LTD. established in connection with construction of a new Vietnam factory.
- Unika Vietnam Co. acquired majority interest in Vie-Pan Industrial Co. which was renamed UNIKA VIE-PAN CO., LTD.
|2009||Unika Vietnam factory obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification.|
- China factories at Langfang Rizhi Machinery & Tool and Unika Machinery & Tool obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification.
- Japanese company name changed to UNIKA HOLDINGS COMPANY LIMITED, as a pure holding company structure was introduced.
- UNIKA CO., LTD. reincorporated as a tool production and marketing company.
- Representative office was established in Bangalore, India
- Indian representative office was locally incorporated and UNIKA INIDIA PVT. LTD. was founded as a sales office for India, the Middle and Near East, and African countries.
- UNIKA ASEAN TRADING CO., LTD. founded as sales office for ASEAN nations.
- VIE-PAN INDUSTRIAL PARK CO., LTD. founded to develop an industrial park for Japanese small and medium sized companies, “VIE-PAN TECHNO PARK”.VIE-PAN INDUSTRIAL PARK CO., LTD. founded to develop an industrial park for Japanese small and medium sized companies, “VIE-PAN TECHNO PARK”.
- Q-Bit UX Dust Suction Drill System registered with the New Technology Information System (NETIS) of the Japan Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.
- Europe representative office was established in Strasbourg, France
- Iwate Factory production area was expanded.
- Unika Vietnam Factory was relocated and newly built in the area of VIE-PAN TECHNO PARK.
- UNIKA EUROPE SAS was founded as sales office for Europe.